The Vagina Monoblogs

Vaginismus, the official Vagina Monoblogs definition (for the sexually impaired-impaired):
Vaginismus is a sexual dysfunction triggered by a wide variety of causes that makes intercourse or penetration painful or in many cases impossible by triggering unconscious spasms of the surrounding muscles.

Sunday, January 02, 2005

No, still no freakin' Poll. But I do have...

Links!

From discussions I've been having online and in real life, I'm finding there are a lot of people out there who don't know or understand the difference between Vaginismus and Dyspareunia-- and that's okay, I still accept you for who you are. Hell, being able to spell them both should qualify you for an Honorary PhD, so what kind of genius would you have to be to know what they both mean?

Well, get ready to join Mensa, people, because I found a site that has awesome, in-depth definitions of both, and talks about how they can go hand-in-hand (while still maintaining their independence. What a couple!)

The Merck Manual's Definition of Vaginimus and of Dyspaurenia.


Now if we can learn to pronounce them both, we can officially run for President.



Another quick note, I've just open my comments up to non-bloggers, so you should be on the look out for the scintillating insights and opininions of people who are not me! I warn, this may also lead to, shall we say, the occasional disagreement. To rip of and bastardize a line from a Penny Arcade poem, "Consider the discourse formally open!"

1 Comments:

  • At January 2, 2005 at 1:40 AM, Blogger Elle Emaitch (A pseudonym-- first name is Linda) said…

    Okay, so being the webmaster, I could have just posted this all in a seperate post had I wanted to, but I didn't want to-- I dispaired having to link Penny's name to just that picture of her, as I would have liked to link to a website containing the poem I made reference to, called "Consider the Discourse". However, her website, formally at www.pennyarcade.com has officially been taken offline, probably because she was sick of half of her traffic being people attempting to get to www.penny-arcade.com, which, I must admit, was the first time I ever got sent there. (Though I had heard of her and knew of her poetic genius well before that, in a brilliant book that you should buy called "Verses That Hurt".)

    I found that it is impossible to search for "Penny Arcade" without getting lost in the world of Gabe and Tycho, however, so all I can bring to you on her are the following link, which has, seemingly, an audio rendition of her poem, "The Government Doesn't Want us to F**k".

    The government must just love people like me.

    http://www.salon.com/audio/2000/10/05/arcade/index.html

    Will comment on my take on the poem once I get a chance to listen to it, but it's almost five and my husband is sleeping soundly next to me.

    Night all.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home